Well, this is embarrassing. Has it really been 3 MONTHS since we last wrote?! I laughed to myself because an entire season has gone by since the last update, so I guess you could say we’ve been hibernating from the blogging world — hence, the aptly-named title of this post, since spring is only 2 weeks away! I’d like to have a dedicated post to our one year anniversary of being in Australia and hope to have it up in the next week (also, time is FLYING!!!), but in the interim, here’s a quick recap of the past, very eventful 3 months:
- One of the biggest events was that I secured my dream job at an amazing company called Help Scout! They’re based in Boston, so I get to work from home and it rocks. I’m a huge fan of the product, my teammates are out of this world awesome + I genuinely enjoy doing what I love every day :)
- Going off of that, we’ve booked our first trip back to the U.S. for two weeks next month! My company is hosting a team retreat, so we’re also combining it with seeing Will’s family in the Boston area + my parents are coming up to visit too yay! We’re very excited.
- We went to the aquarium for the first time with Will’s company’s family + friends day and it was a blast. I could’ve hung out with the penguins and string rays all day.
- Our friends, Eric + Rachel, moved back to the U.S.! We all came over on the same flight to Melbourne and we all kept each other sane/calm in those first few weeks when we were bouncing back and forth between “OMG WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?” and bouts of jetlag haha. Miss you guys!
- I got my very first request to do a logo by a special and close friend of ours! Something I’d never done before, but it was such a fun, challenging and rewarding experience and I’m so glad I took it on. (Thanks, Jess! <3)
- I was also so honored to be asked and entrusted by a long-time and precious friend to do her ‘thank you’ cards for her family + bridal party. It, too, was a rewarding and fun time/experience. (Hi, Bee! <3)
- We had a pretty quiet July 4th but celebrated a week before by having some awesome chicken + waffles at Belle’s Hot Chicken in Fitzroy with some American friends + Aussies that we corrupted. #merica
- We registered to go to Hillsong Conference next year and cannot WAIT! It’s going to be amazing. :D
- Will and I went to Bounce Inc with some friends and it was SO much fun. Even though we were the only adults bouncing around with 10 year olds running all around us, hahaha.
- On July 25th, we celebrated O N E Y E A R of being in Australia (what???) Yeah, it blows our minds too.
- We found a new dumplings place that we REALLY like (this is a big deal people, we love our dumplings). New Shanghai is the place to be!
- Will and I celebrated our 8 year dating anniversary on July 7th! It’s been a such a blessed and beautiful journey together <3
- We bought a Crock-Pot! Also a huge deal because we really miss the one we left behind in the U.S. (Thank you for that Momma Leslie <3)
- Okay, this is becoming a food post (which is okay with me… lol) but we went to a South African braai hosted by Arbory Eatery along the Yarra River here in the city. It was a blast meeting/chatting with other South Africans and Aussies + there was SUCH good food (lamb + apricot skewers, chicken/sausages, grilled corn on the cob + my favorite: MILK TART!) We loved it!
- We watched “Orange is the New Black” within less than a week.
- We also watched all 5 seasons of “The Walking Dead” within two weeks.
- My mom sent us an amazing care package filled to the brim with American goodies — namely Oreos (we love you, mom!) The s’mores one is out of this world good!
- We bid farewell to our first apartment here in Melbourne…
- …and moved into our new home! It’s still in the city, but on the other side of town where it’s a bit quieter, but still just a few blocks from all the action, and a stone’s throw away from Queen Victoria Market. The move was so smooth, and we’ve had so many helpful friends! We’re completely settled into our new place and we’ve been loving every moment of it. A tour will be coming up probably in the next few months (We’re super finicky about wanting to make sure everything is totally completed until we post pics, so look out for that soon :)). In the meantime, here’s a little preview (mainly of our views):
And that’s all, folks! It feels good to be back, I must admit. :) Maybe it was the beautiful spring weather that got me re-energized (it got up to 64ºF today!) or maybe the leisurely stroll through East Melbourne + our favorite gardens today or the delicious coffee and macarons at the Lindt Cafe or the awesome time we had at church (or maybe it was just guilt, LOL)… but either way, I’m glad to have finally posted something again, haha. We promise we won’t disappear like that again!